Re: Excuse me? have I missed something here?

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
If the purpose of making the debate public was to get the response of
the
rest of the members, then here is mine.
I have been a quiet observer for 1 year primarily due to 2 reasons:
1] Nobody bothered to reply to 10 queries of mine regarding rules and
procedures.
2]Before I took a sabbatical, I was told that I should not say a word
until
my research was complete. strangely enough, the very topics that I wrote
on
and was supposed to conduct a research on still appear on the mailing
list
at regular intervals and appparently without the bebefit of the research
that I was asked to undertake.
   The reason I am writing now [and with no hopes of either seeing my
letter
in the mailing list or of getting a reponse] is because I think Dr. Roy
has
a valid point. The apriori assumptions made by the drafters of the
manifesto
are not [and indeed, will not be] commonly accepted and supported. It is
useless to expect all to cater to every detail of your own personal
philosophical leanings. A method [other than threats of shutting down
IPI]
has to be evolved to still make common endeavors possible. Otherwise IPI
may
as well shut itself down, not because of what Dr. Roy said, but because
it
will happen anyway if you are not ready to be realistic.

                                Ritu