Moderation Decision on Dr. Roy's Posting

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Dear IPI Debate Members

I am mailing the correspondence between me in my role as a moderator on
IPI and Dr. Roy on an issue
of moderation.

Dr. Roy who has been recieving correspondence on the IPI "team" mailing
list on administrative matters felt it fit to respond to a thread of
mails on the "team" mailing list by sending it to "debate".

My concern as a Moderator of  "debate" was that since the objective and
content of his posting was a concern he wanted to raise with the members
of the "team" mailing list, Dr. Roy's mail be forwarded directly
to those on the "team" for an appropriate response.

Dr. Roy disagreed with me. I tried to present my case to him in a series
mails between us and he urged that in all fairness to those on "debate"
our correspondence be made public. I assented to it.

The issue here is simple:

Dr. Roy has a response to postings on the "team" mailing list which he
continues to recieve. He doesnt want to however respond to these
postings on "team" but instead post them to "debate" whose members are
not aware of either the issue or the previous postings on "team".

Given this context the fairness of requesting Dr. Roy to give his assent
to his posting being forwarded to "team" and not to "debate".

I am enclosing our correspondence in sequence below, verbatim. Dr. Roy
may verify its veracity.

I leave it to individual IPI members to judge my action as the
moderator. If I have been unfair I shall forward
Dr. Roy's posting to the other 2 moderators on IPI for action.

regards
shashi

Moderator's  Concern: