Fw: Here is food for thought and reflection on the manifesto

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Dear Dr. Roy,

Your comments on the draft manifesto :

http://www.indiapolicy.org/lists/core_india/1999/May/msg00146.html

are very good. However I have a few general comments to make :

1. While presenting a case as to why certain language is inappropriate,
please try to rephrase the text so that it is acceptable to you.
    It is not somebody else's responsibility to create this document, we
all
are going to have to pitch in.

2. While your comments are very appropriate, what is surprising is the
fact
that it took such a long time for anyone to even look at the draft
language
that's been sitting there for such a long time (most of your comments
relate
to the Manifesto language that's been already there, and has not been
changed at all by my revision attempts).

I am going to do whatever I can, to do justice with your good comments.
Meanwhile, may I request you, Bhuwan and others to take a critical look,
and
help correct the shortcomings. I guess we need to take the document one
piece at a time and go on redrafting the same so that it reflects
majority
views.

This is good, constructive criticisms are always welcome. Without this,
we
can never hope to come even close to what we wish to present to the
people.
However, please remember,the WE here includes you too, meaning, if we
are
going to succeed in creating this document, then you are also going to
have
to help out, by commenting/criticizing as well as by answering some of
the
criticisms by you own ideas. I guess they call it, becoming part of the
solution.

Thank You.

Umesh Tiwari