RE: Kashmir: Are We Right?

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Mr. Krishnan:

It is obvious that you are confused about your own identity as an
Indian. Hence your hostility to my clarion call for
the defence of Bharatbhoomi. Furthermore, any person who calls
Hinduism a "superficial belief" is himself an extremely superficial
and shallow person. It is not my intent to explain Hinduism to you. For
that
I refer you to Sri Chaitanya, Sri Ramakrishna and
Vivekananda for starters. Permit me to enlighten you however on one
thing: The reason why India is "different" from countries/societies
surrounding it; the reason why we have a pluralistic democratic set up
while their societies are totalitarian or fundamentalist/theocratic
IS none other than good old Hinduism. In fact, your ability to spout
such
nonsense is protected by none other than the fact that you live/come
from a
society whose bedrock is Hinduism. The people you
deride as having "superficial beliefs" realize this, and hence are
far wiser than you will ever be.

The fact that you, like the great Kalidasa, are busy cutting down the
very
same branch that you are sitting on is something that you have yet to
realize.

Regards, Indranil