Re: Telecom petition

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    I am providing the Telecom Petition below.

Girish Nair wrote:

> Its time the " moderators" who allow Mr. Vamsi the liberty to freely
> pass his judgment and comments of a personal nature (read some of his
> past posts) wake up and stop him from making frivolous claims about his
> activities. Its one thing to have a difference of opinion and another to
>
> support those claims by lies. Mr. Vamsi cannot prove his so called
> Telecom petition. Mr.Rajeev Manikoth has tried to bring this out. If
> after this the moderators / directors do not take action to ascertain
> whether Mr. Vamsi has lied it would be ironical and odd that the very
> people who are trying to bring about a change in the conditions of the
> country encourage practices like lying and copying (which incidentally I
>
> see has stopped now ... after it was pointed out) on this debate.
> Girish

Telecommunications for the People
--------------------------------
1.  We must immediately erect a monolithic institution that will take care of
all of our Telecom needs.  Sort of like a "People First" institution - an
oxymoron but be patient and you shall learn much.
2.  This agency must posses enormous power so that it would not be subject to
competition; hence, it can totally concentrate on the needs of the people.
We, in India, believe that if you envision humble goals for an institution it
will follow them diligently, without any abuse of power, etc.
3.  A check and balance framework is unnecessary.  That is, a good
institution's power need not be checked but must be left alone to provide its
services to the people - no accountability, nothing.  Just "how to operate"
manual is fine.
4.  We will staff this institution with "good" citizens who will attend to the
needs of the people.  Never mind the fact that self-interest is a powerful
constant of the human equation.  These good folks will overcome their greed
and look out for the needs of the people - no checks and balances, etc.
5.  Growth in the Telecom Infrastructure can be achieved through a single
"good" institution which preaches "People First".  No need for an invisible
driving force like competition, innovation, etc.

    Please sign this great petition and help India become a superpower!!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.