Re: wisdom? Whose?

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Charu datt wrote:

> I don't endorse the abuses of the power given to those who are supposd
> to use it to the ends of social stabilization....

    "supposed to" is an interesting phrase reflecting one's normative world
view.  Why don't we give an instruction manual on how to use power to every
bureaucrat in the country and they will follow these rules and we can all live
happily ever after.  Only if we were so smart for the past 50 years, we
wouldn't be in the mess that we are right now.

    Never mind about the "checks and balance" approach of distributing power
and limiting institutional power.  The idea of distributing instruction
manuals (on how to use power) is far better.

for a more prosperous India,
Vamsi M.