Re: Kashmir: Are We Right?

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Dear Unni:

Forget all else and keep in mind only this:

Our Bharatbhoomi is sacred. It is not negotiable. It must be
defended at all costs, come what may. To think anything less,
is an insult to those soldiers of Kargil and Drass and Batalik
and Mushko who died so that you and I may live to kick around
"interesting" ideas in a forum like this at our leisure.

One other thing: The unity of India is not preferable because "it
can provide a greater amount of economic welfare to Indians than can its

constituent states by themselves". The unity of India is preferable and
indeed paramount, because its diverse peoples belong to one
civilization,
one culture, and represents an idea: that a country
wedded to pluralistic democracy shall not perish from the earth.