Re: challenge to Mr. Vijay

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Normative value system never addresses the important requirement: what is
the mechanism by which we can demand institutions (Government or not) to
provide better goods and services to the people.  The mechanism that I propose
is intense competition - I want to see companies "fall off" like flies.  Of
course, new technologies will provide avenues for creating new companies.

    Indian Economy should subscribe to a model which emphasizes high slaughter
ratio for companies through intense competition (as opposed to intense
regulation) and a friction-free framework to encourage establishment of new
enterprises through advances in technology.  The current Indian Economy is a
wishlist of "if only we had honest people....or if there was more
transparency...."  None of that!!  Just let the high slaughter ratio of
competition check our ill intentions.  Let us also strive for a system that
will reward those entrepreneuring minds who would dare to think the impossible
and allow them to create new companies.  Only then will we turn India into a
superpower!  Simply wishing upon something isn't going to make it happen when
our underlying model on which the Economy runs is flawed.

    Water flows downhill and there is a reason for it!!  Similarly, the Indian
Economy is in a hopeless state and there is a reason for it.  It will remain
hopeless until we change its foundations to encourage competition and
innovation!!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.

--