RE: [Kashmir: Are We Right?]

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
as a general principle, a democratic nation founded on principles of
swaraj MUST have a systematic and constitutional method - fair to the
entire population - to allow swaraj to all. I believe that were such a
system in place, we would emerge as a true federation bound together in
our deep self-interest, and we would exert a strong centripetal force to

neighbouring nations to merge with us, or at least to follow suit.

to me the issue is of fundamentals. Are we a nation of free people
joined together in our self-interest, or not? Our constitution has no
'safety valve' for dissent. without open expression of dissent -
unarmed - there is no democracy.