Re: for the Preamble

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
my comments:

> *  "A nation is intrinsically a voluntary association of its members.
> Like any other association, it is always in perennial competition with

> the other nations of the world to retain and attract the best 'fruits'

> of the earth: the brightest, most competent, and the wealthiest human
> beings of the world, of each crop of men and women(generation).

'of each crop .... ' is redundant. otherwise this is a powerful
statement

> * "That India has failed in retaining much of its best fruit and has
> summarily failed in attracting the best fruit of other nations is a
> clear pointer to fundamental failings to provide the competitive
> features found in some other nations. India has also failed to prevent
> constant expansion of groups which wish to leave India and take away
its
> land. The time to review the existing arrangements and to seriously
> detect the shortcomings in the socio-political-economic package
provided
> by India to human beings of the modern world has arrived.
>
> "While we say we offer a democracy, do we really offer one, or only a
> hollow shell where only self-declared liars (who lie on their
electoral
> finance returns) can enter the realm of politcal leadership? While we
> say we offer freedom to be an entrepreneur, and spend crores of rupees

> on 'entrepreneurship development programmes' across the length and
> breadth of India, do we really allow it? While we say we offer freedom

> of expression, do we really allow it? Can our citizens open their own
> private radio and TV stations and say what they want, as free and
> sovereign citizens of the world?
>
> "Why is it that 50 years after gaining political freedom, we are not
> even able to retain, let alone attract, our best human capital? We are

> not really a free nation.

> , it would appear, in brief. All forms of
> capital tends to flee India. Something is really wrong in our
> association called India."

Once again we could end by 'we are not really a free nation'everything
after
that is superfluous. yes, something is wrong in the assocuiation called
india
- we are not as free as we would like to be - but we've said that
earlier.

i agree with everything else. this is great punchy stuff!

-- yazad