Re: Telecom Petition

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE

Rajeev wrote:

> Vamsi, I would like the text of the Telecom Deregulation Petition that

> you have been collecting the signatures for. You could also send me
the
> names & addresses of the 5000 people you have collected the signatures

> of. Maybe we could do something with it. When can I expect this ?

    The deregulation text is quiet complex.  You might not understand
it.  Please don't
be offended or dissapointed by this.  You will one day understand it
though.

    About the 5000 people, they have asked their name to be kept
confidential....oops....sorry :-(

    I think they are worried that some bureaucrat who is big on
institutional power might get hold of their names and addresses
and......you know......

    Anyhow, I will try to convince them that you wrote a document on
"People First" and that there is only a bit of emphasis on institutional
power here and there - no real
danger in that?  I think they would be willing to come out.

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.