Re: demise of Aerospace Industry?

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Very good.  The ills of GoI are well known but almost never resisted or
"opposed" at the polls.  Anyhow, regarding the capital needed and whether
India would be able to muster such a cost.....  Well, there is a low-cost
solution: demolishing AAI and other bureacratic agencies that will pave the
way for simpler framework which would allow the usage of lighter (and slower)
planes, in the beginning, which could be built by a 100 different smaller
companies (exagerating on the numbers but you get the point).  Do you not see
that it is the laws that are in place that are killing this industry and not
the enormous startup capital that you have mentioned?  Startup capital can be
scaled down to meet our needs (to a certain extent).  Those displaced from AAI
might find jobs in these aerospace companies, in turn?  Of course, now they
would have to work for a living.

    However, you are absolutely right about those who refuse to give up their
power even for the sake of the country!!  It is probably impossible to do away
with a rogue institution like AAI.  India, after all, is big on institutional
power - shall I say it: Jai Hind?  GoI is our best friend and our best hope!?
Hmm.....I think I am loosing it.

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.