Re: telecom debacle - reply Vijay

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
I want to thank Mr. vamsi,kulshastra Bhuwan, manish gupta and g Kurien
especially for showing interst on debating the Telecom Policy. As
desired by
some, I would be happy to first table my report to the forum and after
going
thru that, I will be happy to debate all the issues raised by all.

The original email of mine was intended to focus the attention on the
criticality of the subject and set the stage to determine if the forum
was
interested in debating the issue. Some seem to have taken offence to
some
statements. First I would like to apologise if it has inadvently hurt
any
feelings. I know that I have not cast aspersions on people.

The issue is not about taking challenges or coming with fixed opinions
and
strong feelings. Its about looking at the issues from various angles to
determine a feasible solution to a highly complex problem.  I have been
silent but keen participant in the discussions on the forum. Often I
find
that people go at each other or start picking holes in what is written
(it
is impossible to write all aspect at the same time) instead of
questioning
to understand what is trying to be said or adding justified arguments to

request a different look to the debate. Instead, I have sadly found that

people make nasty comments or question the competence of each other. I
can
only submit that this forum should be used not to settle scores but to
understand perspectives. There are no right or wrong stands. Each has so

much data and wisdom that not benifiting from this wealth would be a
travesty of this forum.

I would request help as I do not know how to put on the 120 page
document.
In this document, I have taken, what I consider, the balanced approach,
identified the problems and tried to give pragmatic solutions to the
telecom
problems. I could send it to one of you and you can put it on the forum.
Or,
I could be given instructions on how to put it on the forum.. Please
advice.

K VIJAY RAO