reply to Girish Nair....

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Are you working for GoI?  I suspected that!!  Although I have commented
against subsidizing higher education, I expected you to come to its defense,
intelligently.  You might be working for the GoI after all!

    You see, the subsidization of higher education is not what causing the
brain-drain.  The problem again is with GoI.  Why doesn't the GoI find these
intelligent folks from IIT, etc., whose education is probably subsidized, and
give them startup capital to start their businesses in India - interest-free
loans.  This will keep the talent in India and create jobs in India!!

    Read my message on Aerospace Industry and you will find more answers.  I
ask you again: if the GoI thugs have the same Mental Models as you do and they
cut the higher education subsidy when the problem is elsewhere, what kind of a
country are we going to have??  That is, the problem is not with the subsidy
but the fact that these talented folks feel that they have to leave the
country to express their entrepreneurial spirit.  Why doesn't the GoI make it
easy by removing the unnecessary laws and bureaucracy and even give them
startup capital to keep these people at home?  Does this not create jobs and
wealth for more Indians!!?

    Please answer, my good GoI cadet!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.