Another useful issue

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 10:21:24 +0500
From: Liberty Institute <liberty@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in>
To: bmitra@bigfoot.com
Subject: In Defence of Liberty

Dear Friend of Liberty;

The latest issue of our newsletter _In Defence of Liberty_ is now on our
web site. Please check it out. Comments and criticism will be most
appreciated.
<www.angelfire.com/mi/libertyinstitute/news2.html>

+<<NOTE: If you are receiving this mail inadvertently, and would like to be
removed from this list, then please send an e-mail requesting removal.Thank
you.>>+

This issue of the newsletter looks in to the Kashmir conflict. It suggests
that unlike an armed conquests, a victory by the market forces leave no
victims, only winners - peace and prosperity.
Prof. Tibor Machan looks into the basic role of the military in the context
of the crisis in Kosovo. From Belgrade, Tomisalv Kresmovic, a human rights
activist, upholds the primacy of individual rights as a way out of the
ethnic warfare.

In the run up to the Indian elections, we look in to the first issue that
has come up - Who is an Indian.

We celebrate the centenary of F. A. Hayek, which fell on 8 May 1999.

In the environment section, the argument is that a free market is the
natural ally of the environment. In the second policy issue, Rakesh Wadhwa
notes the futility of banning lotteries.

Book Review: Pramit Pal Chaudhuri reviews _The Commanding Heights_ by
Daniel Yergin and Joseph Stanislaw. The book is a narative history of the
way ideas of the marketplace gained over statism in recent decades.

Thank you.
Barun S. Mitra				E-Mail: bmitra@bigfoot.com
		-----------------------------------
LIBERTY INSTITUTE      		"Where the mind is without fear..."
		-----------------------------------
				    NEW	eFax: (603)737-2753 This US fax 				no. may be used to send
faxes via e-mail
Address for Correspondence -
96/10 Pushp Vihar Sector I 	  	Tel:(91)-(11) 6512441 / 6528244
New Delhi 110 017			Fax:(91)-(11) 6856992 / 6527868
India			WEB SITE: www.angelfire.com/mi/libertyinstitute
				E-Mail: liberty@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in

[Please note that the last three characters in the term "giasdl01" in the
e-mail address above are "L", "0" (zero) and "1" (one).]

JULIAN L. SIMON CENTRE HAS MOVED. THE NEW ADDRESS IS -
#
Julian L. Simon Centre
259, J-Block (2nd floor), Saket, New Delhi 110017. India
Tel: (91)-(11) 6528244