Re Pritish Nandy: Question for Mr Dasgupta

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Mr. Narayanan,

You have hit upon the key word: "responsible". Obviously, no responsible

Muslim organization would issue such a statement.
And there are quite a few of them in India who have supported our armed
forces. In fact the Deccan Herald reported that a group of Imams
have volunteered to fight alongside Indian forces in Kargil.
The story I mentioned earlier appeared in Rediff a few days back.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it is imperative for Indian Muslims

that Kashmir remain a part of India as a symbol of our secular and
pluralistic society. Even if some of them question this
axiom today, I have no doubt that in the fullness of time they will come
appreciate its enormous significance.

Regards,

Indranil