Jehannabad Massacre of Dalits

Dear Sanjeev:

Sorry to hear the physical problem of your fingers. I meditate to send you
healing energy to remove your illness. May God  give you healing energy to
 recover from this problem. I was on a tour to Hyderabad, and Nagpur to
attend a National Consultation on Dalit Human Rights. For details please
seethe internet --http://www.dalits.org  The killings of  21  Dalits in
Jehannabad District of Bihar, by Rangbir Sena on the eve of Republic Day
caused me a lot of anguish and put me in a mourning mood on Republic Day.
The Star News Coverage showed the gruesome killings and definitely puts the
nation in a gloomy state of violene, and  no governance with hypocritical
statements and public lies. The Nation is sick, going through convulsion of
violence. Let us hope and pray this state of nation will change for the
better. With my prayers for your health and best wishes,

Henry Thiagaraj

At 09:28 PM 1/29/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Postings not related to the writing of the Manifesto or policy chapters
>are likely to be summarily rejected. Thanks for your understanding. IPI
>> Arindam Roy wrote:
>
>> > My other journalist friends would agree with me that a similar insecurity,
>> > fear and frustration lurk in the minds of these politicians. How many times
>> > such people air their honest inner feelings in private!
>
>This is precisely what Professor Timur Kuran (our new Advisor) has
>explored at length in his book, "Private Truths, Public Lies."
>
>This is what our life in this world has become. A fake world. A world
>where to preserve the rank and "social stature" of someone, or of a
>concept called "government" we speak in whispers in our kitchens. There
>are more than 10 serving or retired/resigned IAS officers on this list.
>They whisper in the shadows. There are many more who are afraid. We are
>all afraid. Of what? Of ourselves? Our shadows?
>
>As they say, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Let the truth be
>broadcast on rooftops, from the radio, from the TV, from the internet.
>
>[sorry; i'm actually killing my hands; must stop]

Henry Thiagaraj
Managing Trustee, Dalit Liberation Education Trust
46 Main Butt Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016, India
Phone +91- 44-2341146 / 2331199         Home phone 4421676
Fax +91-44-4913365
email:  hremi@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in
                         Website:  http://www.pcsadvt. com/dlet/
                                and    http://www.pcsadvt.com/dlet/thedelta.htm