Coop law: volunteer

Have requested Tom Carter to furnish his replies. Hope we can frame a
decent para or two on coop law as a result of his replies.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 08:38:04 +0530
From: Thomas R. Carter <revett@iname.com>
To: sabhlok@almaak.usc.edu
Subject: Dr. Kurien - Cooperative Law

Sir,

Last year you had posted the following:

There is this body called, Cooperative Initiative Panel. On 12th Nov. 97,
Dr. Kurien said:

        http://www.poptel.net/links/co-opnet/msg00034.html

"Dr. V. Kurien, Chairman NDDB and CIP Panel Member said that it was
timethat co-operatives adopted a time bound programme for evolving and
adoption of a code of conduct.  He added that co-operatives must recognise
that autonomy and accountability are two sides of the same coin and that
as the campaign to seek liberal laws and autonomy from the state control
goes on, a stronger campaign for ethical behavior accountability and self
control must be launched."

Does anyone know what happened to these two things:

a) what kind of laws does Dr. Kurien want?

b) What code of conduct was hammered out?

Are you still interested in the subject.  If so, please let me know and I
think I can give you a reasonably accurate response.

Tom Carter