Re: Civil Rights - Orissa Incident

>Regarding "hate crime" laws, I really don't see the need for them.
>Murder is murder.

Shri Dasgupta is clearly not a candidate for a judgeship at either State or
Federal level in the USA nor an applicant to law school.    Murder is indeed
murder since something is always identical to itself (if we want a formal
law, it is Leibniz's' Principle of Identity I think; i.e. x = x).  But Shri
Dasgupta must know that some murderers get sentences of death, others of
life imprisonment, and yet others even get off with almost nothing at all.
Every law school student and every judge and every reader of William
Shakespeare and indeed every parent with children knows that the punishment
must fit the crime.

Subroto Roy.