Re: Rao plus Roy

The purpose for which I wrote my article is only to outline the
circumstances under which India is unable to get adequate return from
international assistance. This failure on the part of India is partly
due to wrong policies pursued by India and partly due to lack of proper
understanding of Indian conditions by the lending agencies. I want these

mistakes to be corrected, so that India could get some return out of the

loan obtained and be able to pay back the loan with interest. My only
concern is that India should not get into a debt trap like some Souteast

Asian countries.

As I have no interest to make any "vigourous and precise critical
discussion of the working of the international institutions and their
relationships with India and other developing countries", such a
discussion is "sorely lacking" in my article. If that is so "vitally
necessary", why not Dr. Roy attempt it?

Thanks

Jagadiswara Rao

----Original Message Follows----

I do not incidentally disagree with Prof. Rao's sentiments; to the
contrary, vigourous and precise critical discussion of the working of
the international institutions and their relationships with India and
other developing countries is vitally necessary and sorely lacking.

Subroto Roy.