Media Debate - Closing Comments

Friends

I thank those of you for the few responses this generated. I would like
to close this issue for the moment if there arent any more comments to
be made.

A few closing remarks

- Arvind mentioned that
  "Lets not pretend that the Bajarang Dal did not do this"
  This is exactly what I was trying to get at. Arvind has made the
  point for me. Just because 10 newspaper have repeated a statement
  it doesnt become a fact. The fact of the matter is I havent seen
  any "Documentary/Circumstantial Evidence" so far in any of the
  newspaper reports which establishes beyond reasonable doubt
  that
       - That all the accused were members of the Bajarang Dal
               or
       - That all the accused were incited to this crime by sustained
         brain-washing, encouragement and guidance of the Bajarang
         Dal.
  All that the media has brought out are statements no facts to back
  up these statements.

   THIS IS NOT TO BE INTERPRETED THAT I AM BACKING
  UP THE BAJARANG DAL, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LOVE FOR THEIR LUMPEN
  CADRE.

  The point I am making is this - The temptation to appear politically
  correct shouldnt overwhelm the media to forget its responsibility to
  be accurate and factual.

  This becomes especially true in the case of an incident as sensitive
  as this. There may well be other motives which may get clouded and
  remain unseen in the political dust-storm that are bound arise from
  such an incident.

  With this I am closing this chain of responses. I thank all those
for caring to comment.

regards
shashi