Re: IMF Conditionality

I thank Prof. Subroto Roy for enligtening me the difference between IMF
and World Bank. I request the IPI to substitute "World Bank" wherever I
mentioned "IMF" in my article.

Thanks
Jagadiswara Rao

----Original Message Follows----

Professor Jagadiswara Rao is wholly mistaken. The IMF has nothing to do
with project-financing whatsoever but with balance of payments and
exchange-rate problems. He may be confusing the World Bank with the IMF.
India is one of the 12 original members of the Fund, with, if I recall
rightly, the USA, UK, Republic of China, Canada, Australia and New
Zealand and others I forget at the moment.

Subroto Roy