People's Manifesto on IfI

I have gone through the manifesto a few times and looked at the
discussions following it. Correct me if I am wrong-- but by way of this
manifesto, are we not in effect, trying to rewrite our constitution?
There already exists a number of philosophical questions that have been
addressed by the constitution-- fundamental rights, fundamental duties,
being some of the outcomes of them. Also there are a number of instances

where the manifesto looks like rephrasing capitalism. Maybe we should
compare and contrast them with the constitution of India and try to find

out why the constitution differs and what are its arguments.

In a practical sense however, whatever manifesto we frame, we cannot
operate in any way that conflicts with the constitution. Personally, I
believe that the Indian constitution is pretty liberal and provides a
lot of freedom for action. Would it not be better if we concentrated on
more concrete visions and goals under the umbrella of the Indian
constitution?

Just my thoughts, please let me know whether I have understood the
philosophy behind the manifesto in an incorrect manner.

Best,
Srinath