Re: Free Citizens Declaration

Following up on Srikumar's comments on the Free Citizen's draft, parts
of it seem to have a kind of psychobabble quality about it. I know well
intentioned and hard working people are painstakingly putting all this
together, and sometimes it's easier to sit back and throw rocks, than to

get down into the muck and grime and get your hands dirty, but it seems
to me that this draft should not assume that the reader is an avid
philosopher or Ph.D candidate or both. In short, it should be readily
understandable to the average educated Indian.

Also, I call for a reconsideration of the use of the word "Manifesto" to

describe this document. Educated Indians associate this word with the
high minded, long-on-promises, meaningless tomes brought out by
political parties before voting time. Consequently, they may be expected

to sour on such a document before giving it a fair hearing.
An alternative such as Declaration of Principles might be more
appropriate. It's unfortunate but true that often perception can alter
reality, and this maybe such a case.