cutouts

The cutouts cost exactly Rs.100 per square foot once
the postet arrives. This is for the cardboard part
alone. Printing costs are separate. Other factors
come into play. Location is important. When you have
90 foot cutouts, you need to erect structures using
wooden poles and rope.

One officer who was on election duty says that in his
estimate, the winning candidate spent 40 lakhs. He
later confirmed it to be 42 lakhs. According to the
official expenditure, it was 6 lakhs. The rest was
spent by 'wellwishers' and so nothing could be done.
The name of the candidate slips my mind but it was
some remote place. I guess the cities will be costlier.

I do not know why we should calculate all this. Since
we suggest govt funding, let us try to work out the
details of how that will be done. Apart from satisfying
one's curiosity, the details given above do not mean
much. Everyone knows that lot of money flows.

-Arvind