Corruption is a Nash equilibrium: Response

Hi Sanjeev,

I feel we can still be very honest, without being wiped out.

Let me share my personal experience with you.

I  work in a small city, Allahabad, where I was born and brought up. Every
12 years, my city hosts Kumbh Mela, the greatest fair on earth. This is
known as 'Purna Kumbh'. Halfway through, after six years, 'Ardh Kumbh' is
held. And every year, when there is no Kumbh fair, Magh Mela (named after
the Hindi month) is held.

Few minutes from now, the most important bathing day, Mauni Amavasya begins.
Allahabad is very cold now (considering, we live in a hot country). Strong
breeze is blowing. Still, more than 10 lakh devotees are moving towards the
Ganga for a Holy dip. The bathing begins at midnight, and shall continue
till midnight tomorrow.

Now, 10 lakh plus (modest estimate) will bathe at  Tribeni Sangam. In a
radius of 100 kilometres on the East, North and South of Allahabad an
estimated number of 5 lakh will bathe. During Purna Kumbh next year, the
crowd would be nearly five times.

Ninty percent of these devotees are simple villagers. Their faith can move
mountains. Even this is India.  Another India which we do not see. You have
to see to believe it.

I bet most of them are honest. And they have not been wiped out as well!

Regarding our joining politics, I don't think my children or me would like
to join it. Firstly, it is no longer a place for good men. They have been
thrown out of circulation by the bad and the ugly. First, the system has to
be cleansed. No one builds a home on garbage heap. The garbage needs to be
removed.

Perhaps the process has started. So many people are thinking of how to do
it. Wheather they succeed or not, still they will pave a path for tomorrow.
Hopefully!

I will rather wait for the time to be ripe. The work has begun. IPI being
one of them.

Rgds,
Arindam Roy,
arindam@nde.vsnl.net.in