Re: Addition to Theorem of Corruption.

[Note from moderator: Reg. this mail, the irritating syntax is not
'correctible' unless we wish to hire someone for that job. This is a free
(i.e., zero cost) forum. Please accept its shortcomings, particularly
given the fact that we as Indians do not like to pay for any public good
such as this, or our roads, or our politicians. Not many people have come
forward to commit funds for the growth of this project, may I say. I am
personally more and more convinced than ever before that we as Indians get
the government we deserve. We love discussing the symptoms of our
problems; but we strongly dislike owning responsibility for the causes and
taking corrective steps to get rid of the problems. The fault must lie
with someone else. Never with us as a collective.

By the way, we are looking for solutions on IPI. This is not the National
Chat Forum or a place to forward current news. Newsitems must preferably
have a strong relevance to policy debate. Else we would have to disallow
newsitems. I would re-request that we focus our attention on the correct
diagnosis and the correct solutions to India's problems. If all we can do
is to draw sweeping conclusions on the moral standards of entire nations
based on incidents like the Sanjeev Madan incident, then we have a very
long way to go in India in order to achieve a rational policy outcome.

Was Yazad able to help create the structure for the next round of debates?
We are again getting very un-focused. More than 150 people have downloaded
the draft manifesto across the world. Only 3 people have commented so far.
That is really a bad sign. Does everyone think that the manifesto is ready
to be widely distributed across India? Even Henry has not responded on the
critical question of reservations. Let us focus.]

Dear Vinay,

Usually I preserve my Saturdays and store all the mails in a folder to
react. I could not wait till Saturday . You have very well put the event
of Sanjeev Nanda but could the Web master do something when such mails
coming with the irritant syntax could be done away. A reposting be done of
this mail as I am sure lot of subscribers would like to forward this mail
to their own friend circle.

I am

RK Dhanvada
SRK Systems
Microsoft Certified Solution Providers
55 A Beli Road, WIPRO Crossing
New Katra
Allahabad 211002, India
Phone: 0091 532 641690/640760/440287/640529 (off)
               0091 532 641529
E mail: srk@nde.vsnl.net.in
               rk@allahabadcity.com