Re: What the Vedas say about Varnas

> in the case of Hindus in particular, I believe the sacred
>thread >ceremony of certain so-called higher castes should be made
completely universal, and be something open to any and all >chidlren
whose
parents desired it.

>   Such a policy would within one or two generations would, I believe,
>effectively reduce invidious caste-distinctions quite substantially.
>
>Subroto Roy.

As a Brahmin myself, I would whole-heartedly endorse Professor Subroto
Roy's
excellent suggestion. The best way to destroy the caste system and
equalise
everyone within the Hindu fold (dalit or non-dalit) is to  initiate  a
proper process to make every Hindu a Brahmin!

Now the question: How do we get this idea accepted?

Ram Narayanan