vamsi's pts

now for vamsi's pts

** Our existence is separate

This description is very good and even the common man can understand the
importance of individual "identity".  I think we should further
emphasize that no institution of organization can be created that can
undermine our individuality.  That our individual existence can neither
be taken away nor transferred to any other entity.

OK. ADDED: No institution of organization can be created that undermines
this individuality.

** My compact with society, government, nation

The role of the Government is still a bit vague here.   We say "its
sanctity remains as long as..".  I am afraid that the phrase "sanctity
remains" is a very loose restriction on the Government's power.  I
believe we should further state that no institution shall be created nor
exist to undermine this fundamental compact between me and the society.

ADDED No institution shall seek to capture power over the individual
domain or otherwise undermine this fundamental compact.

** Loaning additional powers

I oppose the phrase used in this paragraph when we so carelessly assert
that the Government should be "providing common services and goods which
we cannot profitably provide as individuals to ourselves.  First and
foremost Gentlemen, the Government is an institution and as any
institution it shall play the role of a facilitator.  The Government
cannot and should not have any powers to produce or provide us with
goods and services.  It should merely facilitate the production of such
goods and services.  So I propose the following change in the above
phase "we authorize the Government to play an active role in
facilitating but not participating in the act of production and
distribution of what we consider as being "good" for us and our
families, such as common services and goods which we cannot profitably
provide as individuals to ourselves.  It is important to keep in mind
that any institution that is given the role of a facilitator will not
trample upon our individual right.  The detail is very important here.
For example, consider Military Goods and Services.  These kinds of
services cannot be provided by individuals and hence the Government has
the role of a facilitator but cannot engage in the actual production of
such Goods or Services.  Through its funding, it can source the private
sector to produce such goods and its powers are checked and balanced
under this paradigm.

THIS IS IN THE PREAMBLE. HERE I HAVE ADDED:

temporarily authorize the government from time to time to do what we
jointly consider as being "good" for us and our families,

temporarily authorize the government from time to time to do what we
consider as being "good" for us and our families,

** My obligation and method to review these arrangements

  I think we should insert "due to lack of a majority" here.

OK

** 1.	Wealth: To make India the most prosperous nation in the world.
In the process we shall completely banish (not merely alleviate) poverty
from the face of India. In particular, the vision is to triple the per
capita income of Indians within 10 years from the moment these policies
are implemented.

   Also we should emphasize that the Indian Economy should be the most
competitive one in the world.  Through this enterprise of competition
every Indian should be able to proudly earn a decent living.

OK. ADDED Through this enterprise of competition every Indian should be
able to proudly earn a decent living.

** Knowledge: To make Indians capable of contributing to human learning
to such an extent that we win the most Nobel Prizes among any nation in
the world.

   Again, if we are going to make this document "appealing" for the
common man we have to be a bit clearer.  Any basic knowledge should be
accessible to all Indians and that the power to facilitate the
propagation of such shall be vested in the elected Government of India.

PARTLY OK. ADDED In addition, basic knowledge should be accessible to
all Indians.

** Physical power: To make Indians strong and fast, to make them capable
of winning the top position in the Olympics and in every other sport and
human endeavour.

   We need to explicitly state that in order for us to be competitive in
the world arena we must first breed competition on Indian soil.  I would
like IPI to seriously consider this explicit statement without which we
are eluding to some superficial mechanism to produce physically powerful
Indians.  The fact is that we need a MECHANISM and I believe endorsing
the phrase "internal competition" explicitly at this particular position
in the document would ensure that there is such a mechanism.  More
importantly, we should not leave room for any organization to take up
this task directly and wield power.  The only way to "physically"
empower Indians through sports, etc. and distribute power of any, say
powerful sports organization, is by intense internal competition.

MECHANISMS ARE DETAILED LATER.