tolerance a problem?

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, ankur verma wrote:

> the question is not of behaving like "Animals" as kurien said,but
> the problem here is the tolerance the hindu community has shown
> to other Religions on this land for a time long enough to be dated.

A request to those entering debates: Pl. do not enter debates till you
have fully read and understood the "manifesto" already on the web. We
are improving that. Not talking for the sake of talking.

This point of Ankur: what do you want to change on the IPI manifesto?
That we introduce a para that all people change their religion? Or that
Hinduism become intolerant?

Is tolerance considered a problem now a days? In ancient times it was
good to be tolerant. Now it is bad? Don't understand. Pl. explain why
you would like IPI to promote intolerance. Is that going to help us in
India that we copy intolerant societies elsewhere in the world? Do you
think we do not have enough of intolerance in India already?