solns:

Dear Umesh:

More to the point reg. the Pay commission would be a search for
solutions of a general nature to problems of this type. Let us leave PMs
and personalities alone. We are not a jury.

Problem is not with high salaries of bureaucrats; but with too many
bureaucrats [quantity of money on wages = no. of employees x wage per
employee]; and subservient, voiceless, scared, bureaucrats. We have
proposed solns. to both these things. Pl. extend solutions. Ignore the
possibilities of finding fault with one or more personality. that won't
help us one bit. If procedures need to be streamlined, then that can be
suggested, too.

SS