Re: Disband IAS

I think it is time to review the role of IAS in independent India and make
them more accountable to people who pay taxes instead of colloborating with
politicians to perpetuate a corrupt political govt. machinery which has not
solved the basic problems of the people.

Henry Thiagaraj

At 07:25 PM 1/16/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Postings not related to the writing of the Manifesto or policy chapters
>are likely to be summarily rejected. Thanks for your understanding. IPI
>Every debate eventually leads to a point when the suggestion of more
>autonomy and freeing the system from bureaucrats comes up.
>The defence personnel want to deal directly with the ministry,
>academicians want to be freed from the clutches of bureaucrats,
>sportsmen too want to help their sport and want the bureaucratic
>control to go and so on.
>
>The solution is not to increase the pay of IAS officers but to
>do away with this system. Instead each Ministry should have
>officers who have performed well in their field. The system of
>generalists has led to bureaucrats who know nothing in any field.
>Surely, we can think of an alternate system.
>
>-Arvind

Henry Thiagaraj
Managing Trustee, Dalit Liberation Education Trust
46 Main Butt Road, St. Thomas Mount, Chennai 600016, India
Phone +91- 44-2341146 / 2331199         Home phone 4421676
Fax +91-44-4913365
email:  hremi@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in
                         Website:  http://www.pcsadvt. com/dlet/
                                and    http://www.pcsadvt.com/dlet/thedelta.htm