Re: What?

Good point Sanjeev,

I could not understand the stretch from the state of Indian economy to
the priorities of the IPI, and would like to understand Mr. Shastry's
reasoning. Moreover, his point that
"..Gujral or any particular individual...." is somewhat out of context.
Gujral was not ANY PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL, but he was the PRIME MINISTER
OF INDIA, and if the facts presented in the original article are
correct, then that clearly suggests that Gujral's implementation of the
FIFTH PAY COMMISSION REPORT WITHOUT CONSULTING THE STATES OR THINKING
ABOUT WHAT KIND OF IMPACT IT WOULD HAVE ON ECONOMY DOWN THE LINE, was
rather irresponsible.

It is high time we stopped generalizing on such important matters. The
reason I stressed on verifying the facts because lot of times, some
politicians get the blame for nothing, however if the facts are correct,
and if this is what he did without thinking too much about our state of
economy, then it is necessary to discuss such issues in open and find a
way to stop our Prime Ministers's dictatorial actions. Unlike Kings or
Monarch's a Prime Minister should not be free to make such irresponsible
decisions with impunity, after all, democracy should not just be limited
to constantly rotating power among such unworthy jokers (forgive my use
of such words for lack of better terms!)

Thank You.

Umesh