Policy seminars in the Bay area

There are some interesting policy seminars at Stanford which we can
benefit by. Last semester there were some interesting ones including one
by the RBI governor Reddy and Professor Nirvikar and last Thursday there
was one by Hafeez Pasha from social policy and development center in
Pakistan.

These are some upcoming seminars, usually held at Stanford. Those in the
Bay area can easily attend. They are held in Encina hall building (room
202)  at Stanford. Please let me know if you are interested.

Asia/Pacific Research Center
Public Seminars on Contemporary Asia
Winter Quarter 99
Every Thursday, 12.00 -1.00 p.m.
Encina Hall, East Wing, second floor

http://www-leland.stanford.edu/group/APARC

February 18*    Anjini Kochar, Assistant Professor, Economics Department,
Stanford
                Demands for Education in India

February 25*    Jayant Sathaye, Professor, UC Berkeley
                Energy and Climate Change in India.

Please ignore this if you are not in the Bay area.

Thanks,

Huzefa

--
Huzefa Mehta (hmehta@equator.com)
Member of Technical Staff    off:   (408) 369-5436