Re: Foreign Policy

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Defence & Foreign Policy

Arvind,

In my mind, the nation-state is a concept whose time has expired. There will
of course be nominally political entities, but the real game will be in
economic blocs and cooperation. That is why I would like IPI to stay away
from even talking about reunification with Bangladesh or Pakistan. That
issue is likely to provoke sentiments like those raised on the topic of
religious tolerance, and lead us nowhere. Let us instead focus on opening up
and encouraging trade in the sub-continent.

- manoj