Re: Week's Topic: Defence & Foreign Policy

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Defence & Foreign Policy

Dear Prof. Guptara,

I enjoy reading your IPI contributions. Re confederation/re-unification, we
do have SAARC (south Asian association for regional cooperation) that
includes Pakistan, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, BDesh, and a
declared free trade area within Saarc by 2001. However, there is already a
move in BDesh to delay this free trade idea by couple of years.

IPI should snatch SAARC from 7 governments and initiate/discuss the
benefits/implementation of open economic borders - regional as well as
international- at the grassroots level.

Regards,
Nizam.

At 09:57 AM 10/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Arvind
>
>While I thoroughly agree with you regarding improving our relations with our
>neighbours (including trade, etc.), I can't see why you rule out
re-unification
>and confederation.

Nizam Ahmad
M~O~E~R