Re: References for Prof. Guptara

Dear Professor Roy

     Thanks for your references, which I regard as fundamental reading and
     I am familiar with these (though, as you know, none of these is
     without its limitations).

     Probably, I did not make my request clear: I was asking about a
     history specifically of the development of Indian religion.

     These other books throw some tangential light on the subject, but do
     not help us to get a sense of how Vedic religion gave way to the
     Buddhist-Jain hegemony in the 6th to 3rd centuries BC, how those
     hegemonies themselves dissolved due to their own corruption by around
     the 1st century BC-1st century AD, and the subsequent division between
     Advaita philosophy and the later PHILOSOPHICAL schools in "Hinduism"
     versus the YOGIS versus BHAKTI religion versus TEMPLE religion versus
     FAMILY religion; then of course there was the impact on Indian
     religion of Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, and what might be called
     "Islamised- and Christianised-Hinduism" specifically from the middle
     of the nineteenth century onwards; and so on.

     Professor Prabhu Guptara
     Director, Organisational and Executive Development
     Wolfsberg Executive Development Centre
     (a subsidiary of UBS AG)
     CH-8272 Ermatingen
     Switzerland