Re: References for Prof. Guptara

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Economy

"I am not aware that anyone else in any publication has provided a
historical
>account of the development of Indian religion....>If you or anyone else can
point me to any other published scholarship on this
>subject, I will be pleased to have it.

Prof. Guptara may like to refer to Basham (ed) A Cultural History of India,
Clarendon Prtess c. 1979, 1980; which was the successor volume of the 1935
volume Legacy of India.  Then there is the Ramakrishna Mission's outstanding
four volumes The Cultural Heritage of India.  There is of course a very very
large literature; close to where Prof. Guptara is now, I might suggest the
work of Max Mueller and other German scholars.