From: Huzefa Mehta <hmehta@equator.com>
To: Sanjeev Sabhlok <sabhlok@almaak.usc.edu>
Subject: Re: online voting..

Sanjeev,

IMO, secure online voting is a difficult problem. Even if we
have a password, there is not guarantee that a malicious user
can generate more ids/names by going to yahoo/hotmail. You have
only made the problem slightly difficult for the malicious
common user, not entirely impossible.

In the final analysis, it is good to have such a system, but
the onus lies on everyone who votes, not to do duplicate voting.
We can only put a system in place where mistakes are eliminated (ie
the same person pushes the button twice by mistake, forgot that he/she had
already voted etc), but cannot take care of the malicious user
problem at all.

Sure I would like to help out in the web page in any way possible.

Let me know,

Thanks,

Huzefa

--