PUBLIC: Re: Monetary & Fiscal Policy

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Economy

On 12 Oct 19.13, Prof Roy wrote:

     >Professor Guptara's talking about currency pegs etc seems to me
rather premature as the first topics of Indian macroeconomic policy have
naturally to do with money and public finances.  I do think the cart is somewhat
ahead of the horse if the idea is to create a manifesto and
then find a political formation to adopt it.

Yes, I agree that currency pegs et al is a little ahead of our debate at
present.  But that sort of discussion is a necessary ingredient of macroeconomic
policy.  And I cannot see how we can have a "political" manifesto without
spelling out the concomitant "economic" manifesto as well.

Professor Prabhu Guptara
Director, Organisational and Executive Development
Wolfsberg Executive Development Centre
(a subsidiary of UBS AG)
CH-8272 Ermatingen
Switzerland