UCC

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Social Conditions

  Minimum Wage
  Rules regarding Safety of Personnel at work to be made clear
  Introduction of Social Security Net
  Introduction of identity card
  Removal of Age discrimination at work
  Creating conditions so that reservations will no longer be necessary

> Issues like reservation policy, unified civil code, delimitation, etc.,
> might affect - marginally, it can be argued, the relative well-being of
> certain populations. But they don't affect me. I don't care how you marry
> so long as you abide by the Contracts Act and the Penal Code. I don't care

On the whole you seem to have posted my views on both UCC and
the seats in parliament - i.e., they are minor issues. Some differences
though on UCC.
I don't care either how you marry but when how divorce law when misused
causes harm to women. That is definitely an issue.
We don't necessarily have to have UCC as long as each party is
satisfied with what it has, no harm is caused by any law and no one
is given any undue advantage.
The law must also not give away power to another document. It
must clearly specify every point.
Finally, only a qualified person should decide on issues such as
divorce, not someone who studied upto Std IV.

-Arvind