Re: Introduction letter/Admin

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Social Conditions

  Minimum Wage
  Rules regarding Safety of Personnel at work to be made clear
  Introduction of Social Security Net
  Introduction of identity card
  Removal of Age discrimination at work
  Creating conditions so that reservations will no longer be necessary

SS: I have incorporated most of the changes thas you suggested except
for
'especially over the last decade'  in Para 1., which I have
retained,since
I felt that masses would relate better to the decay in the last 10 years
than to the 40 years before that.  I have not recd any other comments so
far.

IMO, each one of us at IPI should take the effort to write to others. (
hundred of us writing personal letter to 10 people each, would  produce
better results than the President writing official letters to a 1000)
.They
could use this letter as a personal invitation from them or sutiably
modify
it to give it that personal touch. Even things like the introduction
could
be changed to suit a persons style.  As an example I have modified the
letter slightly to create another version of it (attached at the botom).

>From my experience, it may take more than one introductory letter to move a
person to act, and, therefore, new and innovative ways of presenting the
same matter should be encouraged.

Please comment.

Antony

Final Draft (?):

Dear Fellow Citizens of India,

Like all nations, India too has changed. Unfortunately, the motherland
that
we see today is not what we desired our country to be. Much of the
change,
especially over the last decade, has caused grave concern amongst a lot
of
us, to the extent of desperation and sadness. However, haven't we
haplessly watched on, either choosing to compromise our integrity or
insulating ourselves from the forces that threaten our society?

Ingrained corruption, political instability, rudderless administration,
overloaded judiciary, and personal greed is threatening to demoralize
our
society and negate the advances we have made. We seem to be drifting
aimlessly, without direction or vision.

At the same time we also hear of occasional glimpses of hope from people
who are fighting independent battles to correct the system.   There is
hope...

Can you and I change our nation's current course?

In every conversation with fellow Indians, I have felt an urgency to
embrace change, the need to create for us and for our children, a
society
with hope, opportunities and fairness for all.

At India Policy Institute we have perhaps made the first small, yet
significant, step in this direction. What was initiated as a discussion
among a handful of concerned citizens, has evolved into a national
debate
on system reform. Over the last few months, by networking with people
like
you, we have brought together a variety of minds from all across the
globe
to start putting together a 'people's agenda' for the nation- A document
which will act as a guiding beacon for our leaders, suggest new
policies,
set standards, and provide a direction for our future.

On behalf of IndiaPolicy Institute, I urge you to participate in this
discussion, to be part of this growing network of concerned citizens.

Together, we can make a difference. Join us at www.indiapolicy.org

For IndiaPolicy Institute,

Antony Joseph

PS: This is an awareness campaign and your effort to inform other fellow
citizens about this initiative will be crucial to its success. Please
circulate. Thank You!

Another Version:

Dear Fellow Citizen of India,

The euphoria over India's nuclear achievements is over. Reality is once
again at our doorstep with the unsettling questions about our future.
Why
is our nation, home to brilliant minds, rich traditions and centuries of
wisdom, withering in poverty while most other nations rapidly move ahead
of
us?

Are we, as a nation, drifting aimlessly, without direction or vision?
Are our current systems  Economic, Political and Social, limiting us in
this era of intense global competition among nations?
Can we the people of India, afford to watch while corruption, political
instability, administrative lapses, overloaded judiciary, and personal
greed demoralizes our society and negate the advances we have made so
far?

In every conversation with fellow Indians, I have felt a growing
urgency, a
need to embrace change and create for us and for our children, a society