Re: Welcome to a new member from Confederation of Indian

Industry
Administrative Note:
-------------------
Sender: owner-india_policy@cinenet.net

Week's Agenda: Social Conditions

  Minimum Wage
  Rules regarding Safety of Personnel at work to be made clear
  Introduction of Social Security Net
  Introduction of identity card
  Removal of Age discrimination at work
  Creating conditions so that reservations will no longer be necessary

Dear Sanjeev,

Though I have received a series of E-mail after we established contact,
let me
try to reply one by one.

Let me inform you that, I have not yet looked at indiapolicy.org
website.
Therefore, I would not be able to comment on that now. But, I would be
certainly
going through soon.

I must appreciate you for the bold initiatives which you are taking for
our
country by using the technological advatages. In whatever limited way, I
can
contribute, will be done.

I think, we need to be aware of the tremendous transforamation which has
taken
place in China during the last 15 years. China has undergone a drastic
modernization process and our Industry leaders after their visit to
China
recently has conviced that, there is an "Information Blackout" as far
China is
concerned in India.

Therefore, we have decided to open this office in Shanghai. Objective of
this
office is not only to promote the bilateral trade and investment but
also to
disseminate information fast.

Before, I start sharing my views with you, first of all I will send you
tommorrow by E-mail, last 3 issues of CHINA ECONOMIC BULLETTIN brought
about by
this office mainly for Indian Industry.

These 3 issues will give you an idea about the status of Chinese Economy
in the
world.

After you read it, we will start the discussion on "where do we stand?",
If
China could do it, what prevented us from doing it?. " What needs to be
done"
etc.

To just give you some clue:

1) Chinese Economy has been growing by 9.9% average for the last 15
years.
2) China has attracted US$286 Billion FDI from 1980-1997.
3) China's volume of Foreign Trade is nearly US$375 billion.
4) China has build world class infrastructure (developed countries
infrastructure)to attact developed countries investment.
5) China has invested heavily into human resources.

Please wait for my e-mail tommorrow.

Best regards

SHAHUL HAMEED