Re: Corruption and Pollution as the Same Phenomenon

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Social Conditions

  Minimum Wage
  Rules regarding Safety of Personnel at work to be made clear
  Introduction of Social Security Net
  Introduction of identity card
  Removal of Age discrimination at work
  Creating conditions so that reservations will no longer be necessary

Copyright!

This I do think is rather an original idea of mine which may have some
value
given, e.g. the large interest of the World Bank in both subjects.   I
did
describe the same at the World Bank's SASVP's office last year, saying
that
the real problem may be neither corruption nor pollution but a situation
of
ill-defined property rights, which is what i have said here to the IPI
as
well.

I would appreciate it if the idea did stay as I phrased it, with any
explanatory notes like the one Mr. Sabhlok has added.

"Corruption involves transforming positively priced public property into
>private property; pollution involves transforming negatively priced
>private property into public property.   I.e.  pollution and corruption are
two sides of the same coin.  Just as corruption involves  >transforming
something of public value into a private asset, so also >pollution
involves
transforming a private waste into a public waste."

Thanks.  SR