Re:Boundaries of Society

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Social Conditions

  Minimum Wage
  Rules regarding Safety of Personnel at work to be made clear
  Introduction of Social Security Net
  Introduction of identity card
  Removal of Age discrimination at work
  Creating conditions so that reservations will no longer be necessary

This is with regard to the 'long and over worded' parts of the
manifesto. Though not disagreeing with Ash at all, I agree with
Sanjeev's views on most occasions. The point of departure in this case
occurs when we reach the issue of the non-members in the society i.e.
the foreigners. I think that this paragraph should be included simply
because they are such a small group. The extent of their rights and
implicit obligations need to be specified, both for their benefit and
for the benefit of those who are members [or citizens]. The reason is
that the rights of the individual [citizen or not] need to be spelt out
clearly, in the hope that doing so would help check the forcible
abrogation of the same.

With regard to Ash's ruminations over the
ordering of a fair society, I agree that the establishment of one is
necessary.  As Ash rightly pointed out, if its members do not perceive
the society as fair it loses their allegiance.  As far as the issue of
delimitation is concerned, the proposal of breaking bigger states into
smaller units seems to be a feasible
one.

On the issue of
population control, I agree with Sanjeev when he says that NOBODY has a
right to dictate to anybody else on how many children they should or
could have. Hopefully, better economic and education policies would
manage to bring down the rate of population growth.