Re: girls education and population

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Population

I must mention the obvious. There is a strong correlation between small
families and the education status of girls.In all societies wherever
there has been a small family norm there has been a reasonably good
achievement of literacy among girls.Investment in withdrawing children
from work any type of work including the drudgery of domestic work and
giving them an opportunity to go to schools cannot be a principle on
which one can negotiate, By sending children especially girls to school
the tradition of backwardness is broken. the age of marriage
automatically gets extended. the parents dependence on the labour of
girls is lessened.girls are enlightened and become more confident to
take charge of their bodies and themselves.
it would be worthwhile discussing the impact of girls education on
population control.
shantha

debate@indiapolicy.org
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/