Before I forget

This def. received from Prof. Subroto Roy may please be included in the
section on environment:

"Corruption involves transforming positively priced public property into
private property; pollution involves transforming negatively priced
private property into public property."

The latter is difficult for non-economists to understand, so we could say:

Pollution is a form of corruption. Just as corruption involves
transforming something of public value into a private asset, so also
pollution involves transforming something we want to throw out of our
private sphere, into something that we "gift" to the public.

....then we talk about solutions.

SS