Re: On Population

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Population

I am not an economist. But as a simple thought, I do feel that if a
country is unable to create jobs, unable to collect enough taxes to
provide basic services, a high population growth is surely not going to
help out in reducing hunger and reduce demand in a supply-demand
equation.

IMO, it is right to say that if we get the fair markets work in India,
population growth will have a minimal impact. But to solve the immense
problems of various sort today, a slower population growth will surely
help in reducing the number of people sleeping hungry than any other
developed country.

Thanks,

Utkarsh