Re: Topics of Discussion

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Population

> Am not sure if this is the best way to organise ourselves, as we will
> sooner or later run out of "headline" topics and will then (presumably)
> turn to at least some matters of detail (and will then face difficulties
> in organising the material).
>
> Also, organising ourselves by "closed" and "open" lists implies that
> people who join the IP discussions later than we did before we closed
> the discussion have nothing fresh and even revolutionary to offer.
>
> On the other hand, we don't want to regurgitate old debates.
>
> So perhaps the best would be to have lists that are "active" and
> "dormant", implying that if anyone, having read the archives, wishes to
> "revive" a topic, that is a possibility....does this make sense?

This structure is only until we go through all topics once. After that
it
will be open again. The only reason that this was done was to focus
the discussion on these topics. This doesn't mean that there will be no
more discussion on the issues. Anyone who wishes to revive any topic
will be free to do so. Hopefully, we will go through one round by end of
Oct and have enough material for our document.

-Arvind