Subject: Topics of discussion
Author:  IP.Administration (IP.Administration@cinenet.net) at nyuxuu
Date:    30.09.98 20:32

Administrative Note:
-------------------

Week's Agenda: Population

Group,

Here is a mail I pulled from the archives from Arvind that lists the
topics of discussion on a weekly basis. According to this we are
currenly on topic 4. Does this mean 2 and 3 are closed? I see we have
already archived a discussion on population on june 21st. Further, we
are getting mails from people (Ritu posted on corruption today) that
have been archived (corruption on june 14th).

In light of this confusion, and yet leave room and energy open for
previously debated topics I have allowed mails from  different areas to
flow in. However, starting next week, let us try and work on a common
topic. We will leave a topic open till participation settles down to a
common voice of agreement. I am still leaving our current subject as
Population.

Please let me know if this sounds ok.

Regards,
Puneet

=================

Arvind's mail:

Week 1 - Education [Closed]

Week 2 - Infrastructure
- Issues regarding water, power, rural development,urbanization, port
reform and anything else related to infrastructure

Week 3 -  Law and Order - Systems to monitor law and order.

Week 4 - Population - Educational Programs and other ideas

Week 5 - Two Topics - a) Environment - Pollution Control,
b) Defence - Improving living conditions of defence personnel,
modernization

Week 6 - Economy - Privatizing Public Sector, improving per capita
income, Tax reforms

Week 7 - Social conditions - Wage issues, Hygiene, personnel safety, ID
card, social security, Reservation, Age discrimination

Week 8 - Modernization - Freeing media, Telecom policy, Reforms in
Administration, Technology in Government

Week 9 - Political Reform - Electoral Reforms for more transparency etc

Week 10 - Agriculture

This is a posting to India_Policy Discussion list:
debate@indiapolicy.org
Rules, Procedures, Archives:
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/